Non-invasive laser pigmentation removal can remove age spots, liver spots, melasma, and freckles. These dark spots can be unsightly and even be a source of embarrassment, especially if you have a visible scar or birthmark. If you’ve wanted to learn more about laser pigmentation removal, then read on.
Many different types of lasers are used for laser pigmentation removal. The best laser for your needs depends on the kind of spot you’re trying to remove. For example, a pulsed dye laser is best for treating freckles and age spots, while an erbium laser is the best choice for treating dark spots caused by liver spots and melasma. It’s essential to know which type of laser is best for you to choose the right one.
Is My Skin Hyperpigmented?
Hyperpigmentation is when the skin darkens more than its original color. Hyperpigmentation can be caused by hormonal changes, sun exposure or genetics. While it is widespread, hyperpigmentation can be pretty stubborn, making it difficult to treat.Fortunately, lasers are an excellent way to treat hyperpigmentation.
Preparing For Your Laser Pigmentation Removal Treatment
As with any medical procedure, there are a few things you should know before scheduling your laser pigmentation removal treatment. It is essential to be well prepared.
First, make sure that you’re not pregnant. It’s very important because you shouldn’t have laser pigmentation removal treatment if you’re pregnant. This is because this treatment during pregnancy is not advisable.
If you’re not pregnant, you will need to ensure that you have no scars or tattoos on your face. This is because the laser will not work correctly.
Ensure that you hydrate and take your vitamins, as this allows you to be more healthy before, during, and after your treatment.
You may also want to consider taking a few days off of work. Some people have stated that this procedure can make them very tired. It is always good practice to get enough sleep as well.
It’s imperative to avoid any sun exposure as laser pigmentation removal can make your skin burn and blister. Wearing a good sunscreen (UVA/UVB) is vital.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
If you’re considering laser skin treatment for the first time, you’re probably wondering what to expect during your appointment. Are there any side effects? What can you expect after the procedure? How long will it take to see results?
We have the answers to these and other vital questions .
- Your skin color will change temporarily after treatment. The laser will “burn” the skin in some places, which will cause a scab to form. But don’t worry, the scab will fall off within two weeks.
- Depending on your pain tolerance, it might be uncomfortable. Topical numbing cream and cooling the skin with a cyrotherapy device or chiller helps with discomfort. The treatment may cause some skin irritation and other side effects such as redness, swelling, or scabbing in the treated area.
After Your Laser Pigmentation Removal Treatment
- Pigmentation laser treatment is one of the best treatments for sun damage. After three to six sessions, most people see a return of their natural tone, and many others notice an improvement in the texture and even color of their skin.
- It can take 4-6 weeks to get the effects of laser treatment, depending on how much work is needed to achieve the desired effect. We usually recommend a session of lasers as that is when you will be able to notice the best results.
- The use of a pain reliever such as Ibuprofen may be helpful if you are experiencing any pain
- Make sure to follow the guidelines for any treatments you may receive. Avoid sun exposure, especially during peak hours of the day. If you must be exposed to the sun, ensure that you wear a sunscreen with SFP of 30 or higher.
- Once per day, gently wash the treated area with mild soap and pat dry. Also, the use of hydrocortisone or other products is recommended for up to 10 days. You should check back with your physician after that time to determine whether you need to continue with any of the products mentioned above.
- For any wound to heal completely, following a few basic rules is essential. First and foremost, avoid picking at the wound. It should dry and heal on its own.
- Make sure to avoid strenuous exercise for at least two weeks. Any activity that causes your face to sweat can harm healing. Similarly, it is imperative to avoid saunas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can All Pigmentation Be Treated?
Most pigmentation such as freckles, sun spots, and age spots can be treated.
How Effective is Laser Pigmentation Removal for My Skin Type?
When you come to our clinic, we will assess what laser is appropriate for your skin type and color. Please keep in mind that each patient’s skin has unique properties.
Which Lasers are effective for discolorations or pigmentation issues?
At En Santé Clinic and Medical Spa, we offer the ND Yag and the Erbium Laser. The ND YAG laser is a non-ablative, fractional laser that works by targeting melanin, which is the pigment in the skin responsible for hyperpigmentation. The Erbium laser is a non-ablative, fractional laser that targets the dermal collagen and elastin, which are responsible for the loss of firmness and elasticity in the skin. Both lasers are very effective for hyperpigmentation, and both are covered under the same insurance.
What is ND YAG Laser & how does it work?
Nd:Yag laser is a popular treatment option for skin conditions, including acne, melasma, and pigmentation. ND YAG laser comes in two wavelengths. The first wavelength (1064nm) is an ablative laser that breaks the skin and results in a scar. The second wavelength (532nm) causes damage to pigment cells only and does not produce a scar.
The damaged cells will disappear and leave behind a lighter area where the pigmentation irregularity was present.
What are the Benefits of ND YAG Skin Treatment?
- Enhances skin tone
- Reduces rosacea and thread veins
- Treats sun damage
- Reduces dark pigmentation
- Stimulates new collagen and skin cell renewal
What is Erbium Laser & how does it work?
Erbium laser resurfacing is a non-invasive procedure that treats fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin texture. It works by stimulating the dermal layer and creating micro-thermal changes in the upper layers of the skin. Erbium lasers produce the most targeted, selective, and effective treatment of skin resurfacing.
The laser resurfacing procedure is designed to treat and improve the appearance of sun-damaged, wrinkled or rough skin that has developed from long-term exposure to the sun. Erbium resurfacing is similar to CO2 laser and has shown to give less intensive reactions and better outcomes in the long term.
Benefits of Erbium Laser Resurfacing
- Reverses sun damage
- Hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles are treated
- It does not require any downtime
- It can be safer for darker skin tones
Introducing the Most Powerful Laser on the Market
We provide for our clients, what is considered the most powerful laser available: the Fotona dual laser laser system. The new laser is the highest-performance laser on the market to date.
In addition to removing most pigmented lesions, it can also provide a broad range of other aesthetic treatments, such as acne treatment, skin rejuvenation, and vascular lesion removal. Fotona’s proprietary technology increases the safety and effectiveness of treatments, allowing clinicians to be more confident in their ability to offer the safest and most effective procedures for their patients.
If you’re confused about which laser would be good for you, why not contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a consultation? We would be happy to answer any of your questions.